Monday 16 January 2012

2012 Golden Globe (fashion) winners




Well, it's official - the Award season has begun and was kicked off today (or Sunday in the US)
care of the Annual 69th Golden Globes.


I absolutely bore the HELL out of my family who I make endure these every year
(and if I'm lucky, I can stretch their patience up until they start awarding the composer's etc. Yawn).


There's something about these Award shows that keep me glued to the screen, however boring
and drawn out they may be...and it's mostly to do with the fashion (and the possibility that someone may trip up the stairs on their way to accept their award!)


Absolute stand-outs for me this year were Rooney Mara, who currently stars in the US remake of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, who wore Nina Ricci and Angelina in Versace. I think I am still  in shock that Angelina wore a colour other than black and her hair tied back. She looked S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.

Honorable mentions go to Nicole Kidman and Clare Danes (who I'm STILL hoping will announce she's
marrying Leo...) in all her monochromatic glory. I loved the unexpected red lip against the black & white.


Dishonorable mentions go out to Lea Michele, who looked like she had been rolling around in glue followed by dipping herself in silver sequins and Sarah Michelle Gellar who wore a blue and white tie-dyed  (yes, tie-dyed) number. It's been a while Sarah, I know.

Next stop. THE OSCARS!
xx
 
Images courtesy of People.com

No comments:

Post a Comment